Introducing the Liturgical Arts Collective
The formation of the Liturgical Arts Collective is our way at Church of the Apostles to cultivate and create moments, spaces, and experiences that please God, serve his people, and restore his creation. This collective is a group of gathered followers and seekers on mission to form spiritual practices, rituals, and events that help everyone experience and explore the mystery of God that may otherwise be unattainable. Through offering our creative gifts, we hope people will be inspired to see the Creator in all places - their homes, their community, and beyond.
The work of the Liturgical Arts Collective is based on the liturgical calendar and centered around the life of Christ. Each season is important as it draws the church in to the birth, life, suffering, death, resurrection, ascension, and continuing work of Christ through the Holy Spirit.
We invite you to join the collective in any of the following areas. By no means is the list exhaustive, so if you have interest in an area not mentioned, please let us know!
Visual Arts - ceramics, drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, design, crafts, photography, video, film-making, construction
- Performing Arts - drama, poetry, dance, reading, music
- Worship Arts - liturgy, meditations, prayer, worship materials
- Hospitality - cooking, flowers, decorating, cleaning
- Communications - writing, graphic design, publications, podcasts
During these gatherings, we will look ahead to Advent 2018 and ways we might add to this incredible season of preparation of our hearts. All are welcome to join at any time.
- Friday, September 14 at 6:00 p.m. at the Deese home. We will be gathering to make communion bread and baptism banners. For more details, contact Leah Barter.